|Weekly Kaihoh / Liberation
|back issues||English home||Japanese home|
(May 20th 2019 Issue)
'Stop the revision of the Constitution!'
- The JRCL appeal evoked keen sympathy among rally participants
- Protesters showed solidarity with Okinawa people's fight against the US base construction
- 'Oppose the strengthening of the US-Japan nuclear military alliance!' Militant students appealed to the workers and citizens
- Let us advance the struggle against the constitutional revision! Denounce JCP bureaucrats' parliamentarianist distortion!
(pic) Militant students in the van of the demonstration after the rally
'No to the Japan-US summit meeting! Stop the new US base construction!'
Militant students staged a protest
in front of the US Consulate General in Okinawa, April 26th
The Constitution Day rally in Osaka, May 3rd
Kobe Univ. and Nara Women's Univ. students calling on marchers to fight in unity against fascism (pic above right)
Stop US imperialism's military attack on Iran!
Fight against Trump's warmongering in solidarity with Iranian and Middle Eastern people rising up against US imperialism!
- Trump is frantic about military intimidation and more stringent economic sanctions against Iran
- Iranian rulers are strengthening its opposition to the US by tying up with Russia
- Hodeida: Saudi Arabian military intervention in Yemen failed
- Under the revised Waterworks Law: Stop the outsourcing of water supply service to private businesses! No to the raise in water charges!
- A 'relay camera' system: The police is building up a surveillance camera network on an extensive scale
Sick in bed but outraged by Abe's remarks on the base construction in Henoko
I write down my feelings about some uncompromising tanka poems by Ishikawa Tokuboku
Introduction of a new civics course:
Expose the reactionary nature of a high school version of 'moral education'
- A plot to bring up 'public-spirited subjects' dedicated to the 'development of the nation and the industry'
- Bring to light the neo-fascist nature of the concept 'public space'!
The SDF air base in Tsuiki, in Northern Kyusu, is being reinforced as a US-Japan joint sortie base against China
- Don't allow the extension of the runway and the construction of US military facilities!
- Let us fight by overcoming the JCP leadership that abandons opposition to the US-Japan military alliance!
Revolutionary workers strived in May Day rallies across Japan
A JTUC-hosted rally in Okinawa, April 26th
Small company workers clenching fists to show their fighting spirit in the spring labour offensive
A JTUC rally in Hokkaido, April 27th
The JRCL called on workers to overthrow the Abe government hell-bent on constitutional revision
A JTUC rally in Fukuoka, April 27th
Anger spread against the JTUC leadership attempting to wipe out 'workers' demands and unity'
'Win big, across-the-board wage hikes!' JRCL flyers aroused sympathy among workers
A JTUC rally in Osaka, April 27th
Many workers expressed indignation at labour aristocrats' attempts to destroy the spring labour offensive
A Zenroren rally in Osaka, May 1st
Resentment arose against the degenerate union leaders blindly following the JCP central
May Day rallies in Ishikawa, April 27th and May 1st
Resentments against the ultra-low compromise figures of wage hikes were heard from small company workers
'Don't hesitate about competition! Don't fear a growing wealth gap!' A former president of the Japan Association of Corporate Executives incited Japanese capitalists to greedier business
Xi Jinping's way of 'ethnic cleansing'
Outrageous oppression of Uighurs in the name of antiterrorist measures
(May 6th-13th 2019 Double Issue)
Bring down the Abe-led neo-fascist government!
- Donft allow the presentation of the Abe-led LDP draft for the revision of the Constitution into the Commission on the Constitution!
--Block the reclamation work for a new US military base in Henoko!
- No to the strengthening of the US-Japan nuclear military alliance! Oppose preparations for war against China!
- No to the nuclear arms race between the US and China-Russia! Oppose the arms race in space and AI weaponry race!
- Crush the consumption tax increase! Smash the ework style reformf! Oppose the US-Japan free trade agreement!
eStop the constitutional revision! Topple the Abe government!f
The JRCL called on workers gathered in the 90th May Day rallies
JTUC [Japanese Trade Union Confederation] central rally, April 47th, Tokyo
eNo to the constitutional revision! No to the new US base construction in Henoko! Down with the neo-fascist Abe government!f
The JRCL holding up high its slogans (pic 1)
Workers resolute to fight despite the labour aristocratsf attempt to destroy the spring labour offensive (pic 2)
Zenroren [National Confederation of Trade Unions] central rally, May 1st, Tokyo
Militant workers fought to overcome JCP bureaucratsf distortion of struggles into election campaigns (pic 3)
Zenrokyo [National Trade Union Council] rally at Hibiya, May 1st, Tokyo
JRCL members distributing fliers to participants (pic 4)
eGet over the crisis of the labour movement!f Revolutionary workers strived for a militant upsurge of the rally (pic 5)
Donft allow the dangerous attempt to reduce the frequency of checkups!
An evil scheme to raise the operating rate of Ikata nuclear reactor No. 3
Formulation of a common strategy of the imperialist US and Japan against China and Russia as enemies
?The recent Japan-US Security Consultative Committee meeting and the summit talks
- The foreign and defence ministers meeting marks a leap of the US-Japan nuclear military alliance to a strengthened one against China (and Russia)
-- A new military platform: covering even outer and cyber-space as ecombat domainsf
- As premier of a eclient statef, Abe toadies to Trump who emphasizes eAmerica firstf
2019 spring labour offensive in Toyota
Labour aristocrats pledge allegiance to capitalists who preach edevotion to the nation through industrial developmentf
Wages far below the contracted amount, coercion of hazardous jobs, getting all the use out of workers and then discarding themc
Hitachi, Keidanren president Nakanishifs company, has turned out to be abusing etechnical internship traineesf from abroad
eA system of grade skipping and repeating must be introduced into compulsory educationf
(Japan Association of Corporate Executives; JACE)
The eopinionf issued by JACE on ehuman resources trainingf shows the Japanese bourgeoisiefs irritation at the delay in global high-tech development races
The management of YKK, a big fastener maker, is planning for mass dismissals and intensification of labour
More and more engineering workers are obliged to work as temps or as independent contractors
Donft allow the eunlimited usef of workers, with no rights vested, as labour-power easily sacked!
Rivalry between the US, Russia and the EU intensifies over sanctions against Iran
- The US-led plot to form an eencircling net against Iranf frustrated
- Iran is resolved to strengthen a tie-up with Russia and Turkey
- The German and French-led EU scheming to break down anti-Iranian economic sanctions
- Donft allow another warmongering attempt by the Trump administration!
eOppose the Japan-US summit talks! Shatter the US-Japan nuclear military alliance!f
Zengakuren resolutely staged a protest action April 27th, in front of the PMfs Official Residence
Stop the new US base construction in Henoko!
Anger exploded at the dumping of sand in the Henoko seashore March 25th, Henoko, Okinawa
(pic c) eStop the construction of a new base for US Marines!f Zengakuren students on their boat ePoseidonf, together with canoe fighters, closing in on the dumping site
(pic d) A mass protest rally on the beach of Henoko
eRemove all US bases! Scrap the US-Japan Security Treaty!f
Militant students fighting in the van in Okinawa Peoplefs Rally against the base construction, March 16th, Naha, Okinawa
(April 29th 2019 Issue)
Smash the Abe government's 'work style reform'!
- Don't allow the mobilization of foreign workers for decommissioning works in the Fukushima nuclear plant!
- The government and monopoly capitalists are desperate to catch up with foreign companies in high-tech development races
- Let us fight back, denouncing the immersion of official labour movement leaderships into the upcoming House of Councillors election campaigns!
No to the 'liberalization of dismissals'!
The Abe government has started moving towards the introduction of 'severance pay' systems into Japan
-- In response to the demands of monopoly capitalists intent on 'labour market reform'
'Stop the revision of the Constitution! No to the reinforcement of the SDF air base in Tsuiki!'
Thousands of workers and citizens rallied, March 17th, Fukuoka
'Oppose the US-Japan military alliance!' The JRCL ardently called on workers in the rally
Stop the new US base construction in Henoko! No to the revision of the Constitution!
Fight for a militant upsurge of the Peace March and People's Rally in Okinawa under the banner 'Against the US-Japan military alliance'!
The Okinawa Prefectural Committee of the JRCL
- Stop dumping sand in the base construction site in Henoko!
- US bases in Okinawa are being reinforced as 'front-line bases' against China
- The Abe government is hell-bent on revising the Constitution and building up the Self-Defense Forces
- Overcome the JCP leadership's abandonment of opposing Ampo [US-Japan military alliance]! Let us create a militant uplift of antiwar, anti-Ampo struggles!
- Spread the raging fight of Okinawa over the whole country!
Fight against the Abe government tightening state control of universities!
Don't allow the neo-fascist reorganization of tertiary education!
After being overworked, 21 Vietnamese 'technical internship trainees' were dismissed unilaterally by a vegetable and fruit wholesale company
They were forced to work long hours on a farm in Hokkaido, at a wage far below minimum wage levels
Deeply immersed in the use of Twitter, Facebook and the like
Leaders of the JCP-affiliated Zenroren [National Confederation of Trade Unions] are further distorting the labour movement in the direction of 'netizens' movements'
'Militant workers' powerful remarks encouraged me to make a new resolve to fight'
-- From a worker comrade in Hokkaido who participated in a workers' solidarity rally in Tokyo
A contribution from a 'Kaihoh' reader
Some thoughts I have collected by facing up to the 'reconciliatory mood created between North and South Koreas'
- Hayabusa 2: a plot for military expansion in space, under the cover of 'science'
- The Commission on the Constitution resumes: Let us fight to shatter the Abe government's reactionary attempt to revise the Constitution!
- 100 years after the slaughter of Rosa Luxemburg: the bright and dark sides of the Spartacus League
- AI taxis: all information to be used for the surveillance of people
(April 22nd 2019 Issue)
Stand up against the revision of the Constitution!
1. The danger of war growing amid the confrontation between the US and China-Russia
A. Political and military confrontation mounting between the US-Japan and China-Russia
B. The situation concerning the Korean Peninsula violently changing
C. War clouds are gathering over the Middle East
2. The Abe government hell-bent on revising the Constitution and constructing a new US base in Henoko
3. Degenerate opposition movements under official leaderships and the courageous fights of Zengakuren
4. Create a huge upsurge of antiwar struggles! Fight against the constitutional revision and against the US-Japan military alliance!
A. Overcome the JCP-led peace movement that abandons opposing the US-Japan military alliance!
B. Spread nationwide the struggle to oppose the constitutional revision and stop the US base construction in Henoko!
Let us advance for the overthrow of the Japanese neo-fascist Abe government!
Students of Zengakuren, rise in fight on all university campuses!
Postal workers' spring labour offensive:
Create a surge of denunciation against the Japan Post Union leaders' acceptance of 'no pay increase for four consecutive years'!
Imposition of still lower wages: Pasona, a major temp agency, started to trim temporary workers' basic pay in exchange for commuting allowances
Denounce the NTT union leadership for accepting ultra-low wage hike figures!
Don't allow the union's full cooperation to the 'mid-term business strategy'!
The spring labour offensive of the JAM [Japanese Association of Metal, Machinery, and Manufacturing Workers]
Overcome the guidance of the labour aristocrats who are intent on urging union members to 'serve the industry and companies'!
JTUC rallies for the 2019 spring labour offensive across the country
Naha, Okinawa, March 19th
Workers of small and local companies / industries expressed resolves to fight for victory in the spring labour offensive
No to the relocation of US forces' Field Carrier Landing Practice to Mage-jima, an island in Kagoshima Prefecture!
Stop the construction of a new SDF base to be used for the landing practice!
The Israeli general election
Don't allow the outrageous acts of the far-right Zionist regime supported by Trump!
(April 15th 2019 Issue)
Denounce the dumping of sand
March 25th, Henoko, Okinawa
(pic above left) Protesters giving enthusiastic encouragement to the canoe flotilla advancing towards the new dumping site
(pic above right) Canoe fighters closing in on the embankment before the start of dumping, breaking through the Coast Guard cordon
Back in the morning, militant canoe fighters staged a courageous marine parade and a sit-in at the US camp gate
(pic above centre) 'Stop the sand dumping in Henoko!' Protesters blocking the gate of the construction site
(pic above right) Militant students fighting in the forefront on their boat 'Poseidon'
 Clarion calls across the country against the sand dumping in Henoko
'No to War' Rally in Osaka, March 24th
(pic below left) 'Stop the strengthening of the US-Japan nuclear military alliance!' Militant students' call met with workers' warm responses in the demonstration
'Smash Abe's attempt to revise the Constitution!' Rally in Kanazawa, March 19th
(pic below centre) Kanazawa Univ. students fought in the van of protesters under the slogan 'Stop the new US base construction in Henoko!'
'Stop Abe' Rally in Nagoya, March 19th
(pic below right) Spirited students fought with workers and citizens, denouncing the JCP's parliamentarianist distortion of the anti-constitutional revision movement
US forces built a landing helicopter dock deck in their auxiliary airport in Ie-jima, a northern island in Okinawa
The Trump administration is scheming to secure a major foothold for the US Marine Corps in the northern area of Okinawa
Denounce the degenerate leaders of the private railway workers' union for agreeing on absurdly low compromise figures of wage increase!
Don't allow them to follow the JTUC labour aristocrats embarking on the destruction of the spring labour offensive!
- The private railway capitalists bent on suppressing wage increases
- The union leadership shamelessly saying those figures were 'virtually wage increases'
- Let us strive for the reconstruction of wage struggles!
- Criticize the leadership's policy of urging union members into vote-gathering activities for the upcoming House of Councillors election!
- Stop the revision of the Constitution! Overturn the Abe government!
Xi's round of visits to EU countries
Tricky diplomacy with EU rulers, touting 'multilateralism'
- Closer economic cooperation with Italy, France and Germany under the banner 'one belt, one road'
-- Seeking international ties to oppose Trump's 'trade war'
- Cracks appearing within EU states over policies towards China
Denounce mass sackings and redeployment by the oil company JXTG management!
Petrochemical monopoly capitalists are desperate to seek a way to survive
171 internship trainees' deaths in six years
Ill treatment of foreign workers in Japan under the Technical Internship Program was disclosed in the Justice Ministry's report, but just a part
- Two Boeing 737 crashes in succession symbolize the decline of the US's mastery of the aircraft industry
- Crush the Prosecution Review Commission's decision! Don't allow the government's attempt to put an end to the Moritomo school scandal!
A 'black swan' and a 'grey rhinoceros'
The Chinese government is frantic to stimulate its economy shelving 'debt reduction'
My study note
What does it mean 'to objectivize the Subject'?: Learning from Kuroda's praxiology
Outriders of capitalists
Mitsubishi Electric labour aristocrats are shifting the blame for long working hours, deaths and suicides from overwork, onto workers
(April 8th 2019 Issue)
Stop the dumping of sand at another site for US base construction in Henoko!
Stop the dispatch of Self-Defense Forces to the Sinai Peninsula
to participate in the US-led Multinational Force and Observers!
The Abe government has started out to assist the suppression of Muslim people's anti-American, anti-Zionist struggles at Trump's request
A proposal for closer ties between Germany and Japan amid the US-China scramble for 'high-tech supremacy'
-- The meaning of Chancellor Merkel's visit to Japan
The 141st meeting of the Zengakuren Central Committee ended in success
March 13th-14th, Tokyo
Let us stop the revision of the Constitution! Stop the new US base construction in Henoko!
A foothold was established for the advance of struggles
No to Japan's nuclear development!
Kagoshima, March 10th
'Shut down the Sendai nuclear power station immediately!' Kagoshima Univ. students fought in the van of the protest march (pic1)
Sapporo, March 9th
'Foil the resumption of Tomari nuclear reactors!' A 'sayonara to nuclear development' rally and demonstration held in Hokkaido (pic2)
Fight for the upsurge of the publishing workers' 2019 spring labour offensive!
Don't allow the union leadership to distort struggle into a campaign for 'wage levels that open up the future of the industry'!
- Capitalists are relentlessly promoting downsizing amid the 'contraction' of the publishing industry
- The Union leadership is presenting a course of action for the 'development of the publishing industry and companies'
- Let us advance for the victory of the spring labour offensive and against the revision of the Constitution, in opposition to the distortion of the struggle by the leadership!
The total bankruptcy of Hitachi's nuclear export plan to the UK
- A complete failure in Japan's nuclear plant export policy, one of the pillars of Abenomics
- Don't allow the Abe government that clings to nuclear development!
AI-made nursing-care plans designed to 'enforce independence' on the elderly
-- The gist of the Welfare Ministry's proposal for a 'reform in nursing care services'
The Abe government is yelling at nursing care facility managers to 'raise productivity performance'
JTUC rallies for the 2019 spring labour offensive across the country
Fukuoka, March 9th
Anger expressed at labour aristocrats' schemes to destroy the spring labour offensive
Teachers' unions in the US went on strike one after another
Anger flared up against bad conditions of work and education
Foreign workers exploited under the name of@'high-level specialists'
Don't allow the extremely low wages and abuse of them as 'disposable labour-power'!
- The largest ever power failure in Venezuela: Behind it is a cyber-attack by a US intelligence agency
- As if it were a drug addict: The Bank of Japan keeps bulk stock purchasing at a hopeless deadlock
- Israeli 'democracy' and Turkish 'democracy'
(April 1st 2019 Issue)
No to the strengthening of the US-Japan nuclear military alliance!
-- The Japanese forces are obtaining pre-emptive strike capabilities and promoting their unification into US forces
- Abe is pushing forward for the revision of the Constitution, for the building of Japan into a military power
- Let us make a great surge in struggle against the constitutional revision, against the new US base construction in Henoko!
- Overthrow the neo-fascist Abe government!
'Stop sand dumping for the US base construction in Henoko!'
Anger burst out against the government planning to expand dumping areas
despite overwhelming opposition shown in the prefectural referendum
Okinawa People's Rally against the base construction, March 16th, Naha
'Stop sand dumping in the Henoko seashore!'
A vigorous protest held in Tokyo in solidarity with the fight in Okinawa
March 16th, in front of the PM's Official Residence
Japan's new military strategy subordinate to that of the US
-- The reactionary nature of the new National Defense Program Outline
1. The emphasis placed on the need to gain 'ascendancy over the domains of space and cyberspace'
2. Abe's irritation with Xi-led China hell-bent on playing catch-up to the US
3. The new military strategy symbolized by 'multi-domain defense capacity'
The fight of revolutionary workers in JEC [Japanese Federation of Energy and Chemistry Workers' Unions]
Don't allow the treacheries of the labour aristocrats!
Fight out for a militant upsurge of chemical industry workers' 2019 spring labour offensive!
1. Labour aristocrats' deceitful wage increase demands
2. Monopoly capitalists intent on 'productivity improvement' and retrenchment of workers
3. Win big, across-the-board wage increases! Stop the revision of the Constitution!
JTUC rallies for the 2019 spring labour offensive across the country
- Osaka, March 6th
'Win big, across-the-board wage hikes!' Revolutionary and militant workers strived for a militant upsurge of the rally despite pouring rain
The plan of 'work-style reform' in schools by the Education Ministry
The Japan Teachers' Union leadership neglects to organize counterattacks by disclosing its reactionary nature
My determination to absorb Kuroda's spirit of 'break and leap' in 1956
(March 25th 2019 Issue)
Denounce the JC Metal's agreement on ultra-low compromise figures!
- Labour-management talks were degenerated into consultation on the 'strengthening of competitiveness' with Toyota in the lead
- Monopoly capitalists are seeking to drastically change their personnel and wage policies for survival
- Smash the labour aristocrats' attempt to destroy the spring labour offensive by promoting 'wage hike demands fitting for the value of work'!
- Let us advance further for the victory in the 2019 spring labour offensive!
Kobe Univ. and Nara Women's Univ. students fought with workers, March 9th, Osaka (pic right)
Crimes committed by Stalin in the Korean War
-- On 'Confidential documents concerning the Korean War'
JTUC rallies for the 2019 spring labour offensive across the country
Nagoya, Aichi Prefecture, March 3rd
Anger flaring up against labour aristocrats' manoeuvres to destroy the spring labour offensive
Kanazawa, Ishikawa Prefecture, March 5th
'Win big, across-the-board wage hikes!' Anger erupted against a leader who called for productivity improvements
Sapporo, Hokkaido, March 5th
Revolutionary and militant workers brought a fighting mood into the rally
Let us create a militant uplift in the 2019 spring labour offensive of Shitetsu-soren [Japan General Federation of Private Railway and Bus Workers' Unions]!
Criticize the union leadership's policy of urging its members into vote-gathering activities for the upcoming House of Councillors election!
- Bus companies are imposing incredibly long working hours and low wages on bus workers
- Union leaders' demands for extremely low wage hikes are totally alien to the needs of workers suffering bitter poverty
- Let us fight firmly for big, across-the-board wage hikes! Stop the revision of the Constitution!
The 'work style' law to be enforced in April imposes limitations on overtime hours in big companies
Don't allow the shifting of an increased part of the burden onto small business workers!
Denounce the labour aristocrats' attempt to degenerate wage struggles into 'labour-management talks purely for enhancing workers' skills to raise productivity!
-- The criticism of the JCM's action policy for the 2019 spring labour offensive
I. The JCM leadership is 'guiding' its unions to make their own respective wage hike demands
II. It is pressing all unions to contribute to the 'development of the metal industry'
For a militant upsurge of the spring labour offensive of the JAW [Confederation of Japan Automobile Workers' Unions] in opposition to the destructive attempt of the leadership!
1. The leadership abandoned setting standards for wage increase demand
2. It is attempting to destroy the spring labour offensive, complying with the demand of the monopoly bourgeoisie
3. Let us rebuild strong wage struggles!
|2017||No.2451-2460||No. 2461-2470||No. 2471-2480||No.2481-2490||No.2491-2500|
|2014||No.2301-2310||No. 2311-2320||No. 2321-2330||No. 2331-2340||No. 2341-2350|
|2013||No. 2251-2260||No. 2261-2270||No. 2271-2280||No. 2281-2290||No.2291-2300|
|2012||No. 2201-2210||No. 2211-2220||No. 2221-2230||No. 2231-2240||No. 2241-2250|
|2011||No. 2151-2160||No. 2161-2170||No. 2171-2180||No. 2181-2190||No. 2191-2200|
|2010||No. 2101-2110||No. 2111-2120||No. 2121-2130||No. 2131-2140||No. 2141-2150|
|2009||No. 2051-2060||No. 2061-2070||No. 2071-2080||No. 2081-2090||No. 2091-2100|