|Weekly Kaihoh / Liberation
|back issues||English home||Japanese home|
(October 20th 2008 Issue)
I. The Japanese government and the ruling class shaken by the impending outbreak of an international financial crisis!
(A) The Aso government in a rush to bail out monopoly capitals
(B) The monopoly bourgeoisie bent on victimizing workers and people
- Their desperate attempts to survive the crisis of depression
- Their engineering for a major cut in corporate taxes
II. Don't spend taxpayer money for bailing out big business! No more expropriation of the masses! Win a great upsurge of fight back!
(A) Denounce the industrial patriotic movement led by the central 'Rengo' leadership!
(B) Down with Aso's shaky government desperate to save big corporations!
Rise in Oct. 26th united actions of workers and students!
For a radical breakthrough of the crisis causing a US-Russia military clash, a trigger for a new world war!
(Continued from the previous issue)
Central Students' Orgburo
1. The impending crisis of a US-Russia clash in the middle of an economic turbulence
2. The LDP government of Japan in mounting political disarray
(The above is in the previous issue)
3. Denounce the central JCP leadership completely abandoning its 'opposition to the US-Japan military alliance' and 'opposition to monopoly capital'!
(a) Disregard for US imperialists' deployment of missile defences and acquittal of its dispatch of troops to Georgia
- Condemnation against Russia based on the absolutized 'principle of the territorial integrity'
(b) The JCP central leadership begging monopoly capitalists for 'bearing costs according to the profit'
4. Overthrow the Aso government by a great upsurge of antiwar, anti-military alliance struggle and politico-economic struggle!
(a) Oppose the strengthening of the quasi-war footing against China and Russia! Advance struggles against war and the US-Japan military alliance!
(b) Don't victimize workers and people for the financial meltdown and the great depression!
(c) Fight against Japan's nuclear development under the cover of 'CO2 emission controls'! Oppose the economic war connected with conflicts over environmental issues between the US-Japan, the EU and emerging economies led by China-Russia!
The 30th Convention of Jichiroren, the JCP-led public workers' union
- The central leadership ordering 'to strengthen the cooperation with local residents'
Topics 'Full-time workers' only nominal
The national education research meeting of Zenkyo, the JCP-led teachers' union (Aug. 21st-24th)
The 'law of parallelogram' (?) made by the JCP
- Hurricane Miguel d'Escoto
- Former JCP chair Fuwa begging monopoly capitalists
- A JCP-patronized scholar praising the 'Islamic banking system'
(October 13th 2008 Issue)
Rise in Oct. 26th united actions of workers
- The impending crisis of a US-Russia clash in the middle of an economic turbulence
- The LDP government of Japan in political disarray
(To continue to next issue)
The 46th International Antiwar Assembly: reported by foreign organizations
The worst conversion to a bourgeois idea: the criminal nature of the JCP's 'view' on the issue of Georgia
- The JCP defeated by the JRCL's revolutionary ideological struggle
- Acquitting the military intervention by American imperialism
- Conversion to the same standpoint as that of power holders oppressing national liberation struggles
- 'The JCP as a party who has fought against USSR hegemonism': a flat lie
A right-wing change to the interpretation of 'people's right of education' by JCP-affiliate leaders in the Zenkyo teachers' union
Fight back against a destructive offensive on the Oita Prefectural Teachers' Union under the pretext of misconducts in employment tests!
Oppose the education ministry and the Hokkaido prefectural board of education planning to introduce 'Vice-Principal' and 'Leading Teacher' as new managerial posts!
Topics Casual workers victimized amid the depression
Workers' anger against the deployment of the nuclear aircraft carrier G. Washington
- Militant workers struggling in the Peace Forum rally (Sept. 25th) and the Zenroren rally (Sept. 24th)
Preparation for entrances of US warships: Kanazawa Port
- It's a financial terror!
- Russia's provocation at the International Space Station
- A monologue from Mitarai, the head of the Japan Employers' Association
- Haider Hitler
(October 6th 2008 Issue)
Workers and students struggling in
- Boats of fighters closing in on the gigantic nuclear aircraft carrier
- A militant demonstration on the Maritime SDF headquarters and the US naval base
- Fighting against the attempt to strengthen the quasi-war footing by denouncing the JCP central leadership immersed in a vote collecting campaign
- Down with the shaky Aso government by the united power of workers and students!
Zengakuren Hokkaido fighting against a Ground SDF's tank running exercise on the road (Sept. 2nd)
Okinawa: workers and students denouncing successive accidents of Air SDF warplanes (Sept. 16th, Naha)
Denounce transport minister Nakayama (and his boss, Aso) voicing a call to destroy the JTU!
Lula-led Brazil challenging the US
- An all-out counterattack against the Bush Empire, which engineered riots against the Bolivian government
- Forming an axis of an international encirclement 'against US imperialism'
- A 'regional integration' under the 'anti-American' banner
- Socio-economic contradictions accumulated under the PT government
Fight back against Philippine Toyota's mass sackings and union bashing!
Okinawa: Tomigusuku City authority abolishing jobs for school care, sacking 9 workers
Topics General Motors and Ford on the verge of bankruptcy
80th Convention of Jichiro [Prefectural and Municipal Workers' Union]
- Oppose the leadership driving the union into a Jichiro version of industrial patriotic movement through the unification of three unions
Hokkaido: A Rengo-sponsored rally 'to break through the crisis in people's livelihood'
- Militant workers denouncing the leadership's attempt to distort the rally into a supporting campaign for the Ozawa-led DPJ
JR West Amagasaki Accident: Hyogo Prefectural Police acquitting ex-President Ide and ex-CEO Nannya of the responsibilities
- The world's sole superpower in 'malfunction'
- Russia upset by a boomerang effect
- Ruins of veterans
- Bacillus anthracis: Dead men tell no tales
(September 29th 2008 Issue)
Down with Aso's shaky government!
- The LDP government of Japan revealing an inability to cope with the economic turbulence
- The exposure of incompetence, due to its 'dependence on the US'
- Let us fight towards the overthrow of the Aso government with the united might of workers and students!
Further degeneration into a 'labour movement to serve the state, the industry and the corporation': the 56th convention of the Electric and Electronic Workers' Union
- The labour aristocrats preparing their betrayal in the 2009 spring labour offensive
- Support from below for neo-colonialist invasion: more active fulfillment of its role as today's Industrial Patriotic Association
- Demands for a reform in the wage system for the purpose of 'the industry's development': the '6th policy of the wages'
Osaka Governor Hashimoto in a rush to publicize the scores of a nationwide test on students' academic achievements
Zengakuren: the 125th meeting of its Central Committee
- Ranks formed for the overthrow of a post-Fukuda LDP government
Okinawa: the proportion of unionized workers has fallen to 11.9%
Foreign trainees: the increasing number of their deaths from overwork and accidents
Topics An attempt to legalize the so-called nominal managerial posts
Reforms in the Defence Ministry and the Self-Defence Forces: to incorporate the Japanese troops into the US forces
No to plans for a nationwide surveillance camera network!
Chukakuha remnants: taking their frustration out on a pro-Constitution, progressive writer
How Comrade Kuroda tackled Tsushima's theory of the USSR
- The financial meltdown
- G. W. Bush: Home alone
- Supercritical coalfired thermal power plants
- Toshiba Co.: nuclear power plant business
(September 22nd 2008 Issue)
Fight to stop the deployment of the USS George
- A tripartite split over measures to break trough the crisis of the Japanese economy
- The inability to cope with the threat of a US-Russia clash and a new world war
- Advance a struggle against war and the military alliance together with a politico-economic struggle!
- The JCP statement overlooking the US dispatch of troops to Georgia
Declaration of a 'strong union' supporting a 'sustainable development' of the privatized Japan Post
Criticize the 'mid-term line for movement' of the central leadership in the Japan Post Workers' Union!
- Intensified conflicts within the management and the offensive of mass sackings
- Emphasis on 'being the closest partner of the management'
- Smash the postal version of the Industrial Patriotic movement advocating 'devotion to the postal service, localities and the state'!
Fight against the Tokyo Prefectural board of education's notice to impose severer 'punishments' on teachers!
Smash the plan for a plutonium-thermal power generation!
- A mass rally against a third reactor for the Tomari nuclear plant in Hokkaido (Aug. 31st)
Four years after the helicopter crash on the Okinawa International University
- Workers and students marching on the US consulate (Aug. 21st)
Denounce Russia's aggression against Georgia! Oppose the US military intervention!
- The JRCL propaganda nationwide
Turkey and Russia aiming at formation of a 'Caucasus alliance'
Fight against the attempt to build a 'nuclear fuel cycle'!
- Fast breeder reactor Monju: the third postponement of its resumed operation
- The failed project for glass package of high-level radioactive waste
Kokugakuin University: students' protest against the school authorities
Choshi City Hospital to close
Accidents on temporary workers increasing rapidly
Angers of farmers at the skyrocketing prices of fuel, forage and fertilizer
People in Okinawa forced to live in abject misery
- The doomful number of 8 and the Czech president
- The disintegrating empire of conspiracy
- The nuclear reactor on the sea
- A deceptive technology of 'carbon capture and storage'
- A gun shooting training in front of a primary school: SDF units
(September 15th 2008 Issue)
Fight to stop the deployment of the
- US and Japanese rulers in a rush to deploy the USS G. Washington in Yokosuka
- The increasing danger of a military clash between the US and Russia over Central and Eastern Europe and that of another world war
- Fight to advance struggle against war and the US-Japan military alliance! Advance a struggle against the planned tax increase!
Clashes between the US and Russia: the growing threat of another world war
Join the 125 meeting of the Zengakuren Central Committee!
- Fortify a bridgehead towards an upsurge of the revolutionary antiwar struggle!
Protests against a port call by a US Aegis-equipped destroyer (Aug 26th, Nagoya)
Stop the deployment of the nuclear-powered aircraft carrier USS George Washington in Yokosuka!
'Midnight shifts' successive and unlimited
- Temporary workers in the privatized postal service: the increasing number of deaths from overworks
As if being 'press officers of Canon Co.'
- JCP bureaucrats praising Canon's measures to conciliate its temporary workers
Topics JCP-affiliate leaders approaching Rengo: the recent convention of Zenroren [National Conference of Trade Unions]
The 11th Convention of the NTT Workers' Union: pledging its devotion to 'the achievement of the new mid-term managerial strategy'
Welfare minister Masuzoe shouting a stream of abuse at people of advanced age
The Russian Communist Workers Party-Russian Party of Communists: denouncing Russia's military invasion in Georgia
- Stalin: on Putin in relation to Georgia
- Nuclear double standard
- Following the Beijing Olympic Games
(September 8th 2008 Issue)
Rise in struggle
Fight against tax hikes!
Denounce Russia's aggression against Georgia! Denounce its recognition of the 'independence' of South Ossetia and Abkhazia for their annexation! Oppose the US dispatch of troops to Georgia! Fight against the strengthening of the new US-Japan military alliance!
- The danger is increasing that a military clash between the US and Russia will develop into another world war
- The LDP government of Japan bent on deploying missile defences and preparing a consumption tax hike
- Advance the antiwar struggle together with politico-economic struggle!
Series Japan on a quasi-war footing
No. 9 Iwakuni To be a centre for US Carrier Strike Groups and Marine Aircraft Wings
Nyutabaru A sortie base for US and Japanese air forces
Students of the Kanazawa University fought to stop the operation to carry fuel rods into the nuclear facility of the fast breeder Monju (July 18th, Tsuruga)
46th International Antiwar Assembly Aug. 3rd
- The Hokkaido regional meeting (Picture in the right)
- Next is Ukraine: silence of the prime minister
- Here is another silence
Deutsche Post, modelled after by the Japan Post managers: its bright and dark sides
Series Fight against today's pauperization!
No. 10 Miseries of the 'lost generation'
Young workers sympathizing Kanikosen, a work of the proletarian literature in pre-war Japan
Topics 'Inherited social gaps': market supremacists falsifying its cause
Working and learning as a wage worker
On the debate between Odagiri and Kuroda over 'cooperation beyond standpoints'
Messages from foreign comrades to the 46th International Antiwar Assembly (4)
- Russian Communist Workers Party-Russian Party of Communists
My participation in the struggle against the G8 Summit
(September 1st 2008 Issue)
Advance an antiwar struggle
- The Nato faced with the threat of disintegration, and an intensified scramble for Caspian oil and gas
- The growing threat of another world war caused by the new confrontation between the US and China-Russia
- Create an international antiwar struggle by overcoming the degeneration of the official opposition movement!
(Picture: Zengakuren students marching on the Russian and US embassies in Tokyo, August 21st)
Series Fight against today's pauperization!
No. 9 A 'merit-base' system of wages plunging workers into hell
JCP-affiliated leaders unreservedly seeking for 'cooperation for revival of the publishing business': The 110th Regular Convention of the Japan Federation of Publishing Workers' Unions
Denounce Russia's aggression against Georgia! Oppose the US dispatch of troops to Georgia!
- Zengakuren demonstration on the Russian and US embassies in Tokyo (August 21st) (Pic above)
- Osaka: protest in front of the Russian consulate (August 12th)
- Nagoya: Calling for protest (August 11th)
- Regional meetings in Okinawa and Kyushu (Pictures in the right)
'Stop the construction of a new US Marine base at Henoko!' Militant students encouraging a mass rally of protest (July 17th, Okinawa)
A private high school in Ishikawa Prefecture sacked seven teachers
A training facility for urban warfare planned to construct in Yubari City, Hokkaido
Topics Successive closures and privatization of prefectural/municipal hospitals
Messages from foreign comrades to the 46th International Antiwar Assembly (3)
- Workers' Revolutionary Party (EEK), Greece
- Permanent Revolution Collective, France, etc.
- News and Letters Committees, USA
- The Communist Party of the Soviet Union, Russia
- N. Morgunova, Russia
- Putin: next to oil and gas
- The Polish twin: a nasty plot for survival
- A 'biological research' (?) for social problems
11 years after the closure of water gates for a reclamation project in Kyushu
(August 25th 2008 Issue)
Denounce Russia's aggression against Georgia!
Saakashvili caught in a trap / Putin bent on halting the 'Eastward expansion of the Nato'
- The 'cease-fire agreement' advantageous to Russia and the impatience of the Bush Empire
- A impending military clash between the US and Russia, a crisis of world war
- Fight together under the banner: Oppose the race between the US and China-Russia for strengthening the nuclear military power !'
Series Destruction of the global environment in the situation of the tripartite confrontation No. 4
The EU's policy 'for the global environment', full of hypocrisy and deception
- An attempt to establish and consolidate its own economic sphere
- 'Measures for preventing the global warming': for the survival of financial monopoly capitals in the EU
- Ambition to form a 'third pole' in the situation of the new confrontation between the US and China-Russia
Denounce Russia's military aggression against Georgia! Oppose the dispatch of US troops under the pretext of 'defense of freedom'!
- Zengakuren rose in an urgent protest (August 11th) (Pic above)
Stop the nuclear-powered aircraft carrier USS Ronald Reagan entering Sasebo port!
- Workers and students protesting (July 27th) (Pic left)
46th International Antiwar Assembly: regional meetings, August 3rd
- Kansai, Tokai and Hokuriku (Pictures in the right.) (Other meetings will be reported in the coming issues.)
5000 workers again in protest against the Osaka prefectural government (July 22nd)
Manipulated records of overtime work: at a prefecture-run hospital in Saga
Topics Toyota: sacking 2300 temporary workers
Denounce the radioactive leak from the nuclear-powered submarine USS Houston!
200 thousand fishers on 'strike' throughout Japan against the skyrocketing oil prices
Fishery in Hokkaido damaged by the high temperature of sea water
Messages from foreign comrades to the 46th International Antiwar Assembly (2)
- Vladimir Pronin, Ukraine
- The International Coordination and Action of the Leninist Trotskyist Fraction
- Russian Communist Workers' Party - Russian Party of Communists Tumen Regional Committee
- Russian Communist Workers' Party - Russian Party of Communists Sverdlovsk Regional Committee
- NorthStar Compass, Canada
- A World to Win, Britain
(August 11th 2008 Issue)
The JRCL won a great success of the 46th International Antiwar Assembly in collaboration with Zengakuren and the Antiwar Youth Committee. The Assembly's central meeting in Tokyo was attended by 1200 workers, students and citizens. Together with colleagues at six regional meetings, they firmly established a bridgehead to advance the revolutionary antiwar struggle and expand it internationally in opposition to the crisis of 'war, impoverishment and environmental destruction of the earth' growing all over the world.
Series Destruction of the global environment amid the situation of the tripartite confrontation No. 4
The death agony of the main destroyer of the global environment, the sole superpower
- A deceptive change by declining Bush
- An attempt to revive the unipolar domination of the world under the banner of ''prevention of the global warming'
- Acceleration of environmental destruction in the name of 'protection of the environment'
- Decay of the technological civilization of Yankee imperialism
Zengakuren: the 78th National Congress, July 28th-30th
- Fully prepared to fight against war, poverty and starvation, and environmental destruction (Pic)
Fight against introduction of a new ID system: social security numbers combined with resident registries
The first national convention of the Japan Post Workers' Union
- Declaring the Union's cooperation in 'enabling the company to sustain its development'
Topics The basic plan announced for a 'Japan pension organization'
Japan Post: power strife intensified between the executive officers
Messages from foreign comrades to the 46th International Antiwar Assembly (1)
- Revolutionary Marxists in Britain
- Tavini Huiraatira no te ao Maohi (FLP), French Polynesia
- Humanist Party, Czech Republic
- Regional Party of Communists (Leningrad), Russia
- David McReynolds, former Chair, War Resisters International, the USA
- The Japanese government at the WTO meeting: a comedy in Doha
- JCP-patronized scholars on casino capitalism
- KEI: missiles on nuclear-powered submarines
- Behind the scene of the 'ban' on cluster bombs
|2008||No. 2001-2010||No. 2011-2020||No. 2021-2030|
|2007||No. 1951-1960||No. 1961-1970||No. 1971-1980||No. 1981-1990||No. 1991-2000|
|2006||No. 1901-1910||No. 1911-1920||No. 1921-1930||No. 1931-1940||No. 1941-1950|
|2005||No. 1851-1860||No. 1861-1870||No. 1871-1880||No. 1881-1890||No. 1891-1900|
|2004||No. 1801-1810||No. 1811-1820||No. 1821-1830||No. 1831-1840||No. 1841-1850|
|2003||No. 1750-1760||No. 1761-1770||No. 1771-1780||No. 1781-1790||No. 1791-1800|
|2002||No. 1701-1710||No. 1711-1720||No. 1721-1730||No. 1731-1740||No. 1741-1749|
|2001||No. 1651-1660||No. 1661-1670||No. 1671-1680||No. 1681-1690||No. 1691-1700|
|2000||No. 1600-1610||No. 1611-1620||No. 1621-1630||No. 1631-1640||No. 1641-1650|
|1999||-||No. 1563-1570||No. 1571-1580||No. 1581-1599|